I wanted to share with you my MOTD. Those of you who follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Tumbler, you probably saw these pictures, however, I wanted to go into a little more depth on how I got this makeup look as well as all of the products I used.
- Prime time! For this, I used the Makeup Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizing Primer
I did recently get this primer and I am LOVING it! For my review of this primer click here
2. Foundation. I used the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless in color 130 Buff Beige.
3. Conceal where needed.: I am loving the Urban Decay Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer for under eye areas as well as and eye shadow primer. I am color Med-Light.
4: Get set! Time to set it all into place. When you set with a powder, it makes any other powder products go on smoother and blend a lot easier. For this, I use E.L.F High Definition in Sheer
5. Time for the eyes! This looks required the use of 2 palettes. First I went in with my Kat Von D Star Studded Eyeshadow Palette.
I wish this palette was still available, I'm so afraid to hit pan on any of these colors!
First, I went in with Cross all over the lid and up to the eye brow.
This is just a beautiful, light, skin tone color. Great as a lid shadow or a base shadow.
Next, I used Leather and worked this into my crease, making sure to buff out any harsh edges. Then, softened the edges between my upper crease and brow bone with Cross.
Focusing on my 'outer V', the outer most corner of my eye lid, I took my Too Faced Cat Eyes palette and used Tiger's Eye. This makes for a bit of shimmer with a bit of gold shimmer in a brown shadow. I also applied this to my lower lash line to bring a pop of color to my eyes. (hint for green eyes: Gold brings out green)
Make sure to blend thoroughly to make sure there are no harsh edges.
For eyeliner on my top lid, I used Kat Von D Ink Liner in Trooper
Then just went over it with a black shadow to set it (not that it needs it)
Apply a little mascara to the top and bottom lashes and the eyes are done
For this, I used my Physician's Formula Sexy Booster Mascara. If you read my latest hails blog, you know I am loving this mascara, if not, check it out here.
6. Time to carve out those features. Contouring can be a little intimidating and for some awesome tips click here to check out an awesome tutorial!
For a more natural looking contour, I am loving the Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Matte Bronzer in Park Ave Princess
7. Showing the lips some love! Before you do anything on your lips, you should always apply a lip balm. I tend to do this when I prime my face. This way, you lips are moisturized, looking and feeling good.
Lip liner: I used Nyx Lip Liner in Expresso. This has to be my favorite brown lip liner in the world! Then, I went over it with Nyx Liquid Suede in Brooklyn Thorn.