K Beauty 10 Step Skincare Journal
Follow my K Beauty Journey
So, you know that crazy K-beauty 10 step skin care regimen? Well, I decided to give it a try! Follow me here as I share my experiences and more! Throughout this process, I would love to hear your product recommendations, feel free to comment below!
I wanted to post some updated pictures. I'm still working on the full skin care routine for you all but here are some pictures.
This was before I started this journey
This was actually taken on a calm skin day.
This was taken today. No filter, no makeup, nothing.
I have like one pimple on the middle pic near my chin and the rest is scarring that's gone down quite a bit. I can say now, that I am fully confident in my own skin. I still have some improvement to go but I am now loving my skin.
I have been using aloe, green tea, ginseng and rosehip oils to help reduce the redness and scarring. Exfoliation is as MUST and I am loving my Silicone Scrubbie .
I also don't know what I would do without my sheet masks. I recommend this at least 3 times a week, but I do one almost every day. The masks I use depends on what I am wanting to accomplish (moisturize, reduce inflammation, detox, redness reduction)
Hey, everyone! I know it has been a few months since I have updated you on my K Beauty skin care journey but things have been a bit crazy. I have fallen off the wagon for a bit and had to get back in touch with my self and re-work some plans.
After 3 months, I have noticed some changes in my skin. M pores are virtually non-existent which is awesome! Going from having large pores to basically none is great! I have made a few changes to what I am using on my skin from my original product list. I will be doing an updated product list for you. My acne has gone down too despite the fact that none of my products are specific to acne. The only time I notice a break out is the week before my period and even then, it's just 1 or 2 pimples.
Today, I am having a bad skin day. I have been lacking with my routine. I haven't been doing my masks like I should. I also have noticed a coincidence in my breakouts with dairy. I am attempting to wean myself off of dairy (mainly creamer in my coffee) to test this theory.
Day 10 6/21/17
Hello, Lovelies!! This is day 10 of my new skincare and I am noticing some dramatic changes to my skin! First, the texture of my skin is amazing! it's so soft and smooth. My pores have shrunk to the point where they are just about non-existant! My acne scars are fading and I'm not having horrible breakouts! If I do get a pimple here or there it's not as large and exasperated as they used to be and they last maybe 2 days.
Let's talk about makeup for a second! I was able to wear just a primer, CC cream, and concealer and not feel like I looked horrible! YAY I feel comfortable wearing lighter coverage foundations! My makeup applied so much smoother and flawlessly than ever before!
I really think this is the best thing that I could have done for my skin! I have made a few changes or additions to my line up. I added a vitamin C serum to help with brightening and Hey Honey Good Morning moisturizer for in the morning.
Day 3, 6/13/17
Tonight is all about the sheet mask! I am using the Jean Pierre Pearl Sheet Mask. I have to say, I haven't used this mask since May when I did a review of it, but I forgot how much I like them!
Not only am I changing my skin care, I am also changing what I put into my body. I am starting out by lowering my intake of refined sugars. This was really hard for me because I have such a sweet tooth, but why only take care of the outside when what goes inside has an effect too? Instead of using regular sugar, I have switched to a rock sugar made from beets. It actually reminds me of rock candy from when I was a kid. I have replaced the sugar in my coffee with this and I honestly like it better! I use it when I make Iced tea too! For my hot tea, nothing has changed there. If I do use anything to sweeten my tea it's a little local raw honey.
I am also adding more tea in my diet ( and water). I may have a cup of tea here or there but I am changing that! I added 1 cup of green tea late morning, one cup of black tea for a little pick me up and chamomile tea at night. Tea can do great things and it get's me something flavorful without reaching for a soda.
I will be super busy this weekend so I will check in with everyone on Monday! Have a great weekend!
Day 2- 6/13/17
when I woke up this morning, my skin felt a little more moisturized did all the steps this morning by this afternoon I noticed small changes in my skin. I noticed some of the minor pimples I had under my eye started to shrink. I was going to use a sheet mask today but kinda forgot about it. tonight instead of using the sleeping pack I used my Avocado cream which is a thick formula so it should supply ample moisture throughout the night.
Day 1 -6/12/17
After seeing so many people trying this regimen, I decided to give it a go. I had horrible skin throughout all of high school and so far my adult life. Suffering from acne and dry skin for about 16 years. Trust me when I say that I have tried everything out there both prescription and in store, plus online and TV. I am almost 30 and it's time to take charge of my skin! I gathered the last few things I needed to complete my kit today and will start this evening.
Here's a list of some products I will be using:
Tony Moly Deep Bubble Foam (no longer avail)
Wonder Essence Blueberry (anti aging)
Snail Essence or blueberry essence (depending on what my skin needs that day)
Tony Moly Avocado Cream- if needed for extra moisture
- Wash with water only
- Toner- To balance the skin's pH levels, it's important to apply toner; otherwise the skin can become dry and dehydrated. Toner further helps to absorb the next products you apply
- Essence-Essence is a hybrid between a toner and a serum. It works perfectly to hydrate the complexion, aiding cellular turnover for a youthful appearance.
- Ampoule- Similar to serums, ampoules actually comprise an even higher number of active ingredients to target specific skin care concerns. They're used for a finite amount of time as a booster when your skin badly needs the extra help.
- Serum-Concentrated formulas with an unprecedented amount of active ingredients, serums target specific skin concerns like wrinkles, dark spots, and dehydration.
- Eye cream-Smooth a light eye cream across both the brow and socket bone moving from the inner to outer corner of the eye.
- Moisturizer- Next apply a soothing moisturizer in a light layer across the skin for long lasting all-day hydration.
- Oil based cleanser- select an oil based cleanser to start with as this will work to remove oil- based makeup and impurities from the skin
- Double Cleansing- use a water-based cleanser to gently remove the oil residue and water-based impurities from the day.
- Exfoliate ( 2x a week)- use a gentle enzyme or bead-based exfoliator
- Sheet Mask (2-3x a week)-
- Eye Cream
- If Applicable- Some of you may have gone to a dermatologist for specific items that's needed for your skin (I.E Benzoyl Peroxide lotion, etc) These can still be used. They key to these steps is all based on consistency. The thinnest first then the thickest last.
My skin was a little red after applying everything but wasn't irritated or hurting. The redness actually stemmed from blood circulation! The more you massage your skin, as you do when applying so many products, you get more blood flow. This assists with cellular repair and a youthful glow! I exfoliated my skin tonight and used the Tony Moly banana sleeping pack. I wrote down my steps by product, set up a schedule for exfoliation and masks. Let's see how this goes!